04 Mar Federal Grants Series: Federal Grant Management
SESSION 4 of the FEDERAL GRANTS SERIES
The fourth session of our half-day, interactive Federal Grants series, designed to support nonprofit professionals before and during their first federal grant.
- Best practices for staff time and effort tracking
- Best practices for procuring materials and services
- Best practices for local and national travel
- How to transition from just implementing best practices to formal procedures and policies
- How to manage human resource issues like fair hiring and project director changes
- How to manage data collection, storage, and reporting
- How to properly close out a federal grant and record retention requirements
- What other federal laws you agree to follow when you accept federal funding
- How to become a federal grant reviewer
- The benefits of being a federal grant reviewer
- What federal agencies are looking for in a grant reviewer
Includes the following sections:
- Federal Grant Management: Financial Requirements
- Federal Grant Management: Non-Financial Requirements
- Becoming a Federal Grant Reviewer
Join our new Federal Grants Community of grant professionals who are just like you seeking advice and someone to ask questions when the federal program officers don’t or won’t answer. AGS’ Communities are moderated by credentialed grant professionals who have been awarded millions in federal grant funding. Our grant experts can guide you and your faculty through the entire grant lifecycle, from planning to reporting.
This training aligns with the Grant Professional Certification Institute’s Competencies and Skills and is approved for 3.0 Continuing Education Unit (CEU). Full participation in this training is also applicable for 3.0 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Length: 3.0 hours
2022 FEDERAL GRANTS TRAINING SERIES
- Available as a series of on-demand recorded training sessions
Cost: $150/session or $600 for the full series
Most people consider federal grant training to be a more advanced form of grant writing and management. We at Assel Grant Services do a lot of work with federal grants and we believe that federal grants share a lot of characteristics with significant federal grants. That said, there are a lot of nuances unique to federal grants to learn. This professional development series is designed to help nonprofit professionals who have never written a federal grant be as prepared to step through the federal grant pre-award and post-award process for the first time with confidence.
Session One: Federal Funding Trends, Opportunities & Relationships
Session Two: Federal Grant Readiness & Program Design
Session Three: Evaluation and Budget
Session Four: Federal Grant Management