06 Sep Partnerships: The Power of Partnerships
The Power of Partnerships
Session 1 of the Partnerships Series
$50 | 60 minutes
Working together with other nonprofits to achieve greater impact (e.g. shared services, mergers, joint programming, etc.) Partnerships and collaboration are strategic alliances between nonprofits that are intended to achieve greater impact than any organization could generate on its own.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to address concerns about partnerships
- The varied benefits of creating collaborative partnerships
- The types of collaborative partnerships
- How to identify potential organizations who could make strong collaborative partners;
- How to build initial relationships between organizations;
- How to candidly share your services and evaluation of impact.
Competency 3: Knowledge of strategies for effective program and project design and development.
- Skill 3.1 – Identify methods of soliciting and incorporating meaningful substantive input and contributions by stakeholders, including client groups, beginning with the development of a new concept or program.
- Skill 3.2 – Identify methods of building partnerships and facilitating collaborations among applicants.
- Skill 3.7 – Identify existing community resources that aid in developing programs and projects.
GPCI Competencies and Skills: 3.1, 3.2, 3.7
CFRE Domains and Tasks: 2.1, 3.1, 3.2, 3.5
The trainers for these sessions are all credentialed grant professionals (GPCs) who agree to adhere to the Grant Professionals Association (GPA) Code of Ethics and are GPA Approved Trainers. All of the trainings in this series align with the Grant Professionals Certification Institute’s competencies and skills.
This training aligns with the Grant Professional Certification Institute’s Competencies and Skills and is approved for 1.0 Continuing Education Unit (CEU). Full participation in this training is also applicable for 1.0 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Trends in both private and public funding continue to emphasize partnerships. For young grant professionals, understanding the practicalities of including partners in the grant development and grant proposal is an important step toward producing a clear and compelling project. As grant professionals advance in their career, they understand the unique role they play in facilitating impact beyond their organization through partnerships.
This series has been developed by credentialed grant professionals who regularly guide successful partnerships with and between young grassroots organizations and long-established nonprofits. No matter where you work or where you are in your career, this series has been created for you as you work every day to make the world a better place.
If you would like to arrange a custom-scheduled training for your organization, please email us to speak to one of our training staff. If you would like information about all our upcoming trainings, please subscribe to our monthly training newsletter!