28 Oct Grant Management: Allowability and Cost Principles
Grant Management: Allowability and Cost Principles
Session 4 of the Grant Management Series
One of the most common questions during program implementation is whether a particular expenditure a program would like to make is allowable with federal funds, especially if the budget in the grant proposal was not detailed. In this Federal Cost Principles webinar, the presenter will discuss the federal cost principles for allowability of costs, and how matching and cost-sharing are affected by these principles. In addition, this session will discuss program income, indirect cost, prior approval, and documentation.
What you will learn:
- Identification of where to find information about specific cost items
- Application of allowable, reasonable, and allocable with each grant expenditure
- Awareness of how to properly apply matching and cost-sharing
- Awareness of when and how to apply program income
- Awareness of the proper application of indirect cost
- Awareness of when prior approval is required for grant expenditures
- Application of proper documentation for grant expenditures
GPCI Competencies and Skills: 5.1, 5.2, 5.3
The trainers for these sessions are all credentialed grant professionals (GPCs) who agree to adhere to the Grant Professionals Association (GPA) Code of Ethics and are GPA Approved Trainers. All of the trainings in this series align with the Grant Professionals Certification Institute’s competencies and skills.
This training aligns with the Grant Professional Certification Institute’s Competencies and Skills and is approved for 1.0 Continuing Education Unit (CEU). Full participation in this training is also applicable for 1.0 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Length: 60 minutes