Assel Grant Services (AGS) is accepting applications for full-time Grant Specialists. These positions require focused, energized, and self-motivated individuals able to work out of their own home, with some travel to client locations occasionally needed. AGS is a professional grant services firm specializing in grant services and professional development to support the full grant cycle. The AGS team is a highly efficient, expert team of experienced grant writers and researchers who have written over 1,400 grants and been awarded over $240 million for our clients since 2007. We have a staff of 14 grant professionals, ten of whom are credentialed by the Grant Professionals Certification Institute (GPCI) as Grant Professional Certified (GPC). No other grant services firm has as many GPCs on staff.
“This job has let me be a mom, and be present to my family. I can do normal mom things like reading kids stories, making dinner, etc. without feeling like my kids are in the way because I’m no longer trying to get work done in the evening when they are home. I’m not putting kids to bed and then working late into the night to meet deadlines. I’m still growing and learning, being challenged, and advancing in my field. I feel supported by the company without being asked to do more that interferes with the rest of my life.”
AGS Grant Specialist
Grant Specialists are primarily responsible for developing grant proposals and reports based on information from clients, internal information, and research. Specialists must be able to absorb new information quickly, adapt to constantly changing needs and situations of multiple clients at a time, and be able to portray confidence in client discussions. Specialists are strong grant professionals who can lead clients and less-experienced staff in advanced, collaborative grant teams.
• Standard activities aligned to the GPC Competencies and Skills:
• Research local, regional, and national grant opportunities and attend meetings with clients and funders when requested.
• Work with multiple clients to review potential opportunities and help these clients prepare to implement grants from a variety of funding sources.
• Assist multiple clients in the development of high-quality projects and coordinate and submit proposals, applications, and reports on a timely basis.
• Maintain client and company records of grant activities.
In addition to the typical skills of a grant professional (exceptional writing, understanding of the nonprofit community, and strong organizational skills), Specialists have at least a bachelor‘s degree and 3-5 years of successful grant proposal writing experience plus the GPC, CGMS, PMP, and/or the CFRE. Applicants who do not currently have their GPC, CGMS, PMP and/or CFRE credentials will be considered if they are eligible to take those exams within the next six months. Other nonprofit credentials are valued, as well as a variety of educational backgrounds. Federal grant experience is required.
• Have no less than 3-5 years of grant-related experience, including government (federal or complex state) grant experience;
• Have managed complex proposals, implementations, and portfolios;
• Have an exceptional ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and tasks in order to meet deadlines;
• Have experience with independent project management, including problem-solving, delegation, and breaking down complex projects into manageable and delegatable tasks;
• Have strong project management skills to develop, manage, and keep projects on track regarding time and hours for completion;
• Have experience with effective questioning techniques to gain content knowledge from subject matter experts;
• Have strong virtual interviewing techniques that allow them to professionally probe deeper with clients who may struggle to convey details of the important work they do each day to move the respondent to provide more than one-sentence answers;
• Have experience helping clients develop their programs and projects for grant support, including logic model elements and federal budget allowability;
• Be comfortable and confident in engaging with executive leadership of organizations via phone, videoconference, or in-person to get the answers you need to create strong proposals;
• Have experience with keeping teams of professionals with diverse personalities and communication styles on track with tasks and discernment of task priorities in a workplace of competing priorities;
• Have a critical eye for details;
• Must be willing to learn — about new clients, new concepts, new strategies, and about themselves. Being able to spin up on new concepts quickly is required.
AGS strives to be more than an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be culturally competent and seek to grow and promote all staff according to their strengths and interests. We seek to employ grant professionals from all walks of life who wish to continue growing through formal professional development and interprofessional conversations. Here you will be surrounded by some of the best and most successful grant professionals in the field.
Assel Grant Services offers flexible scheduling; competitive wages ($50,000-$90,000 depending on education, credentials, and experience); paid holidays, paid time off; health insurance; matching retirement contributions, bonuses based on individual and company performance, as well as extensive networking and professional development opportunities.
Send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cover Letter (1 page, 1” margins, 12pt Times New Roman) describing your passion for one or more of the following: writing, grants, or nonprofits.
• Resume (including government agencies to whom you have been written and/or been awarded grant funding)
• Contact information for three professional references
• Salary Requirements (hourly if part-time, annual if full-time)
Be prepared to:
• Describe your career plan and professional development philosophy in an interview
• Create a writing sample from a prompt (final candidates only)
• Find spelling, typing, and grammar errors (final candidates only)