- This event has passed.
LIVE WEBINAR: HIGHER EDUCATION GRANT SERIES – Building a Career as a Grant Professional in an Institution of Higher Education
July 13, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm$25
Higher Education Grant Series – Building a Career as a Grant Professional in an Institution of Higher Education
Session 1 of the IHE Starting an Office of Sponsored Research Series
In Building a Career as a Grant Professional in an Institution of Higher Education, the presenter will describe her personal career trajectory that propelled her to the position of a full-time staff grant writer at a small university. Although not intended to be a one-size-fits-all solution, the session will cover grant-specific education and training, as well as a proven strategy for increasing the proportion of time dedicated to grantsmanship activities within an existing role. For the IHE seeking to grow grant revenue, this session will lay the foundation for setting reasonable expectations for a hiring a new grant professional as well as for growing a dedicated grant position from within the institution.
What you will learn:
- Identification of relevant education and professional career experiences for the new grant professional
- Development of SMART professional development goals for the grant professional at an IHE
- Identification and cultivation of key relationships within an IHE to strategically develop human capital
- Development of an action plan to proportionately increase grantsmanship activities within an existing IHE position
The trainers for these sessions are all credentialed grant professionals (GPCs) who agree to adhere to the Grant Professionals Association (GPA) Code of Ethics and are GPA Approved Trainers. All of the trainings in this series align with the Grant Professionals Certification Institute’s competencies and skills
GPCI Competencies and Skills: 7.1, 7.2, 7.3
Length: 60 minutes
IHE Grant Training Series
Series A: Starting an Office of Sponsored Research
Whether you are new to grant writing or you are ready to advance your career as a grant professional, institutions of higher education (IHEs) are a great place to start! Working as a grant professional at a college or university requires a high degree of collaboration to get the job done. At Assel Grant Services, we have grant professionals who specialize in helping IHEs develop their grant strategy and secure funding for the institution’s strategic initiatives.
This set of professional development series is designed to help grant writers and managers at IHE’s develop a flourishing grant program that will help move the institution forward toward meeting its long-term goals. Major topics to be addressed include:
- Developing an office of sponsored research;
- Building a career as a grant professional in an IHE;
- Developing grantsmanship collaboration across the university;
- Aligning grants to the institution’s strategic plan; and
- Grants and capital campaigns at IHEs.
If you would like to arrange a custom scheduled training for your organization, please email us to speak to one of our Training staff. If you would like information about all our upcoming trainings, please subscribe to our monthly Training Newsletter!
Register for the complete IHE Grants Series: