21 Jan Federal Grants Series: Federal Funding Trends, Opportunities & Relationships
The first session of our half-day, interactive Federal Grants series, designed to support nonprofit professionals before and during their first federal grant.
- How to examine major trends in federal funding and how to find appropriate grant opportunities for your organization as an awardee or as a partner agency
- The key similarities and differences between foundation and federal grants
- Learn about whether federal grants are more difficult to manage
- Learn about federal planning approaches and writing styles
- Learn about the factors impacting budgets
- The major trends in federal funding
- How to research federal grants
- How to track your research
- How to read and understand a federal RFP
- How to discuss the opportunities you find with your organization
- How and when to talk with federal legislators and their staff
- Which federal agencies want to hear about your project before you write it
- How to talk with program officers about your project
- How to talk with your program officer after your award
Includes the following sections:
- Pursuing Federal Grants
- Federal Find and Fit
- Relationships with Program Officers and Legislators
All of our training sessions are available as on-demand recorded trainings following the live sessions.
Not able to attend the live sessions? Join our new Federal Grants Community of grant professionals who are just like you seeking advice and someone to ask questions when the federal program officers don’t or won’t answer. AGS’ Communities are moderated by credentialed grant professionals who have been awarded millions in federal grant funding. Our grant experts can guide you and your faculty through the entire grant lifecycle, from planning to reporting.
This training aligns with the Grant Professional Certification Institute’s Competencies and Skills and is approved for 3.5 Continuing Education Unit (CEU). Full participation in this training is also applicable for 3.5 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Length: 3.5 hours
2022 FEDERAL GRANTS TRAINING SERIES
- Available as a series of four half-day live sessions/on-demand recorded training sessions
Cost: $150/session or $600 for the full series
Most people consider federal grant training to be a more advanced form of grant writing and management. We at Assel Grant Services do a lot of work with federal grants and we believe that federal grants share a lot of characteristics with significant federal grants. That said, there are a lot of nuances unique to federal grants to learn. This professional development series is designed to help nonprofit professionals who have never written a federal grant be as prepared to step through the federal grant pre-award and post-award process for the first time with confidence.
Session One: Federal Funding Trends, Opportunities & Relationships
January 19, 2022 | 12:00 PM-3:30 PM CT
Session Two: Federal Grant Readiness & Program Design
February 2, 2021 | 12:00 PM-3:30 PM CT
Session Three: Evaluation and Budget
February 16, 2022| 12:00 PM-3:30 PM CT
Session Four: Federal Grant Management
March 2, 2021 | 12:00 PM-3:30 PM CT