Development of Grant Seeking Strategy
Assel Grant Services believes the most competitive grant proposals align to the organization’s mission and vision. Our team’s knowledge of organizational development will help you assess your readiness and capacity for identifying funding resources that will help advance your overall strategic plan. Assel Grant Services uses a variety of strategies to assist staff at your organization in developing new ideas into fundable concepts.
- Concept planning
- Case statement preparation
- Creation of a standard portfolio of attachments required for grants
- General consulting and education about the grant seeking process
Assel Grant Services has knowledge of how to research, identify, and match funding resources to meet the specific needs of your school district. Our team will use a variety of resources (e.g. Foundation Directory Online, grants.gov, forecasts from government agencies, online digests, knowledge of local funders, relationships with program officers, and foundation websites) to deliver a list of potential grant opportunities that not only considers the unique needs of your school district, but that is also informed by our many years of experience with those funders. The research provided to the client will help agencies prioritize their grant seeking according to risk tolerance and capacity.
Our team can also help research and qualify any grant opportunities that your organization may have already identified, and provide an assessment of “fit” for the opportunity based upon our analysis of the request for proposal (RFP).
Our team is happy to facilitate calls, or attend meetings with program officers at any stage of the grant process (e.g. debrief sessions and/or information sessions).
Grant Calendar Development / Management
Assel Grant Services will help your school district develop and stay on track with your grant seeking strategy to make sure it does not get put on the back-burner due to competing priorities or during times of staffing transitions. Depending on the infrastructure of your school district, Assel Grant Services can provide a leadership or supporting role in the following services:
- Based upon qualified research, create a calendar with deadlines and organizational capacity for your school district to implement or implement with as-needed grant writing assistance from Assel Grant Services (ideal for school districts with a part-time or full-time Grant Writer).
- Assel Grant Services can implement and manage the full grant calendar, including monitoring reporting deadlines (ideal for school districts without a Grant Writer or Development Director
Grant Proposal Design and Development
Assel Grant Services has experience and a track record of success with nearly every type of grant making agency. From large, organization-wide federal proposals to smaller, program-specific private foundation proposals, Assel Grant Services can do it all. For a list of the grant making agencies to which our clients have applied and were successfully funded, click here.
Assel Grant Services has knowledge and experience in how to craft, construct, and submit an effective grant application. Services Included:
- Identify and implement project management work strategies that will result in a high-quality proposal being submitted on time.
- Write compelling proposal narratives that meet funder guidelines.
- Provide you with narratives that have been checked for quality by our internal review and edit process.
- Work with program staff to identify and report accurate and appropriate data sources that support the program narrative.
- Work with your finance team to ensure the creation of realistic project budgets that consider funder requirements.
- Online submissions.
Coaching & Professional Development
Assel Grant Services believes the best way for PK-12 schools and districts to grow their capacity in grantsmanship is through coaching and professional development. Our team of grant professionals participates in an average of 30 hours of professional development each year. As a result, we are equipped to coach administrators and key grant personnel at your PK-12 school and/or district on relevant trends and best practices in grantsmanship. We offer a variety of professional development opportunities including:
- Individual Coaching with Grant Staff;
- Small Group Workshops;
- Large Group Professional Development; and
- On-Demand Webinars and Virtual Learning
Assel Grant Services is not an external evaluation firm, nor does Assel Grant Services take any responsibility for project data collection, storage, or analysis. Instead, experts from our team of grant professionals come alongside your organization to guide the process of grant award management. This includes providing organizational marketing, advancement, or public relations staff a synopsis of the grant details in layman’s terms and an overview of how to share news of the grant award with public audiences. We can also collaborate with key project personnel to track deadlines, as well as draft and prepare interim and annual progress reports.
Assel Grant Services is not an external evaluation firm, nor does Assel Grant Services take any responsibility for project data collection, storage, or analysis. Instead, experts from our team of grant professionals come alongside your organization to guide the process of grant award management, including providing organizational marketing, advancement, or public relations staff a synopsis of the grant details in layman’s terms and an overview of how to share news of the grant award with public audiences and collaborating with key project personnel to draft and prepare interim and annual progress reports.